Re: tire pressures

Has to do with slip angle--the higher the pressure (up to a point) the
lower the slip angle, therefor the more resistance to moving out--so
the fronts stay put, the rears have a bigger slip angle, you lift,
which increases the rear slip angle and WHEEEEEEEEEE! besides, again up
to a point, the size of the patch means nothing, as the friction
(sideways) varies as to the area and pressure per unit area inversely,
so the friction is the same regardles of patch size (all other factors
remaining constant).