coil resistance

Jay asked:
>Another question,  what amount of ohms resistance should I find across
the positive and negative terminals of my ignition coil.  I am thinking
it might be time to change that on this 83 GTV6 as well......

I doubt that measuring the primary resistance of the coil would tell you much.
It is a function of the number of turns and the thickness of the wire. Unless
you have shorted turns, it should not change. I'm not an expert on the failure
modes of ignition coils, but I would expect insulation breakdown in the
secondary (high voltage) winding to be a major factor with older coils. To
measure that, you would need a high voltage insulation tester (megger).

Ed Prytherch
73 GTV
79 Spider