RE: Maserati and Porsche in wet (no Alfa content)

> My Biturbo gave me similar feedback with what was discussed here about
911,
> although the engine is in the front. I would have to say that Yokohamas in
> the rear help in rain but suck in snow. In slight snow I could not exceed
25
> MPH, driving with white knuckles.
<snip>

The Biturbo suffers from pretty much the opposite of the 911 - the Biturbo
is front heavy, not enough weight at the rear.  Not so much of a problem
with lifting the throttle in corners, but that car was famous for
fishtailing under acceleration.

The biturbo broke the rear wheels loose so effortlessly that lots of
customers brought them back to the dealers complaining of slipping clutches.

More rubber in the rear helps, but the real problem was weight distribution.
Can't remember where the stock battery location was in a Biturbo, but if it
was under the hood then moving it to the trunk could help.

bs