Maserati and Porsche in wet (no Alfa content)

My Biturbo gave me similar feedback with what was discussed here about 911,
although the engine is in the front. I would have to say that Yokohamas in
the rear help in rain but suck in snow. In slight snow I could not exceed 25
MPH, driving with white knuckles.
My thought is that 2 other things influence a rear drive spin-out.
1 is the existance of a limited slip
2 is the difference in size of  wheels between front and rear.
With my rears being 225 with vs front 205, there is a signifficant piece of
the tire that doesn't go in the wake of the front tires in hard rain, this is
why even at relatively low speeds the car fishtails (very little), as each
side takes turns at floating on water excess from the front.
My guess is that not all 911 have different sizes between front and rear
wheels, and if there is a difference, after-market combinations can exagerate
it.
It's not true that at low speeds turbo won't bother you on wet. It's the
amount of throttle that you give at any given speed that decides if the turbo
is on or not.
Therefore, if you do "the right thing" and don't "lift in a curve" but are in
a little fast and decide to correct by giving it gas (as opposed to
maintaining constant gas throughout the curve) in the latest part of the
curve, and it's not quite dry out there, a turbo can trick you, and the
suddain surge of torque can make you spin out, especially with performace,
over-sized rear tires.
Just something that I saw on the Biturbo, maybe not the case with the 911..
Vlad
'91 164L
'85 Maserati Biturbo S