FOR SALE - 84 Spider Veloce - S.F.

FOR SALE

1984 ALFA ROMEO VELOCE SPIDER 	$3500.00  AS IS

1984 Veloce Spider in OK condition. Car does run.

Possibly the 3rd or 4th owner.

This car is for sale because I just do not have the time to try and restore it.
I believe that the #3 cylinder intake valves have failed  I can hear it
ticking. I recently purchased another used head w/ roughly 20K miles (from a
Bay Area digest reader) but I cannot afford the time to work on it. I am an ASE
mechanic and I can answer most any of your questions. I have most receipts.

I did not smog the car because the head needs to be replaced. This car has
never had a problem passing smog. This car has been in my possession for 5
years

I do not have any photos right now but I should have something within a week or
two.

Mileage says 169,102.

While in my possession I have replaced:
Transmission (APE)
rear axle (APE)

I have replaced:
Clutch
Clutch Slave cylinder  Dec 2001
Anza Exhaust ( I used this most of the time)
Motor mounts - l&r
tires 5k miles (185/60/14 Goodyear Wingfoot)
front rotors and pads
rear pads
Cylinder rings Dec. 2001
Oil pressure sender  Dec 2001
Oil pump  Dec 2001
Upper timing chain- Feb 2002
There are lowered springs on this car (thats the way I received it)

stock #4 exhaust manifold is cracked like the bible says

Spare:
Cylinder head  20,000 miles
Shankle Header system (daily driver)
New clutch master cylinder (never installed)
Oil pan upper (possibly lower also)
Clutch (
Gas filter(never installed)
rear rotors

Body condition:

exterior
Red paint is fading from the door towards the rear of  the car
Rear emblem and left side emblem was stolen but I have a replacement for both
Slight dent in the nose area
Rust under the rear wing upon the decklid (get used one from APE)
Front stabilizer bar  right side mounting bolt has come undone
Paint on some of the five star rims are chipped.
Top is going on 4 years old and rear plastic is pretty clear  does not leak
(but I havent driven this car much since March 01)
missing heat shield ( waiting on APE)

Interior
Small crack on the dash
No radio
Carpet ok
Drivers seat has rips
Rip in the shifter boot
fan switch is cracked

This car has been great to me and I done everything to try and keep it but I
need to let it go so that I can focus on graduating this year. My senior
project is taking up most of my time and thats what I need to concentrate on
(www.dsp8sf.tripod.com).

I am in school roughly 8-8 Monday through Saturday so email is great.

This car is in San Francisco if you are interested in checking it out.

Ill be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

The Alfa Digest has been good to me and I thank all that have helped me keep my
car going.

Thank you for your time,

Darryl Umale
Dsp8@domain.elided