Who wants to help out my 17 year old?

Well how many of you guys have teenage kids? Ever want to kill them? Hows
this story: I bought my 16 year old daughter her 1st car about a year ago.
Can you guess what a demanted Alfa nut would buy his non-mechanically
inclined 16 year old? A $500 Berlina, of course!! Its ended up being the best
$500 car I ever bought. Never touched the thing in over a year except to put
in oil in it.
Well last night the kid finally killed it. You know that lovely finned thing
that hangs down below the frame? Called an "Oil pan",  and you know, how you
drive your car through every dip like a demented low rider? Well the kid
forgot to slow down, and so now she has half an oil pan and a toasted engine.
So what do I do? I've got a Berlina that is basically worthless anyway, plus
this has rust and tons of bondo so its not worth fixing really, but the kid
loves this car.
So what do I need? Does anyone within a days driving distance of Oceanside Ca
have a running 2 litre they will sell cheap? Or possibly a rusty hulk with a
decent motor they need to have hauled away?
Oil burners, leakers, head gasket problems or whatever considered....

Help the kid out, we don't want her to turn her away from the Alfa fold after
such a good start...

Thanks,
Jim Hart
Oceanside Ca