From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Joe Elliott
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 10:31 PM
To: Michael S. Sweigart
Cc: Alfa Romeo Digest
Subject: RE: GTV6 L-jet mods

Well I want to know, how high do you actually rev this beast?  Are
you serious about 8000?  That seems nuts.  But what do I know?  (I
suppose if you have aftermarket connecting rods and valve springs,
it's really not that unreasonable.)

To answer your question, yes.  Tachometer quirkiness is a theoretical
possibility, but I've never heard of a tach *over* reading by that
much.  Mine over reads by 200RPM up to ~3500RPM, but by the time I
hit the 6400RPM limiter it's *under* reading by 200RPM.  I suppose if
the PO messed with the ignition  it's possible that some kind of
aftermarket ignition system has been configured to work with a tach
from a V8 car and is consequently making your tach read 33% high, or
some such nonsense, but I think that's also highly unlikely.