Re: 2000 GTV seat question

>>I'm reinstalling the seats on my 1974 GTV, and I've got two different
thickness of spacers that go between the seat tracks and the floor.  Can
someone tell me what the correct placement is (e.g., thick ones in the
back, thin ones in front; thin ones inboard, thick ones outboard)?<<

I've actually got these spacers, all taken from dismantled cars, in five
different thicknesses, with just as many different lengths of bolt to go
with them.  They may not all have come from 2000GTVs but they certainly all
came from Bertone coupes, and I'm afraid I've no idea what was correct for
a 1974 2000GTV, if indeed anything was.  It could well be that the
different thicknesses were available so that some adjustments could be made
to the seating position by the supplying dealer.  I think it's really a
matter of personal taste, depending on your size and shape.  Personally, I
always prefer thick at the front and thin at the back, it's amazing what a
difference this small adjustment makes to the seating postiion.

Now over to John H. for a 'proper' answer.....

Chris Sweetapple
Highwood Motor Company
Swansea, U.K.
www.highwoodalfa.com