2000 GTV seat question

This group has been great about answering detailed quesions, so I'll throw another one out:

I'm reinstalling the seats on my 1974 GTV, and I've got two different thickness of spacers that go between the seat tracks and the floor.  Can someone tell me what the correct placement is (e.g., thick ones in the back, thin ones in front; thin ones inboard, thick ones outboard)?

Also, I managed to break the seat back adjuster knob on the passenger seat.  If you've got a spare you're willing to let go, please contact me directly.

Thanks.

Dean Mericas
Ann Arbor, MI
1974 2000 GTV