Re: '78 Spider Clutch problem, m/c & s/c...

I looked at the clutch pedal linkage carefully and its
movement matched the clutch pedal exactly with no play.
The weld at the arm is also in good shape and the clutch
pedal is even with the brake pedal.  There is no play
when I move the lever by hand at either end or try to
pull the clutch pedal above it's resting position.

There was a few millimeters of wear at the pin where it
connects to the clutch M/C.  I replaced the pin and it's
now tight.  Hopefully I won't have to deal with
replacing the pivot arm soon.  If the M/C starts to fail
I'll probably replace it just for reliability.

Jeff