Re: Re: 164, perfect for Impala advertisement

At Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:17:10 EST Alfisto@domain.elided wrote:
>I agree with Mike N regarding his very perceptive observations o n the
>Impala  ad. which I am sure are all true. And you know what ? That 2002
>Impala  SuperSport looks like one very cool car. I think I'll go and test
>drive one.....
>Graham Arlen
>95 164LS

funny reply.

But let's step back to Mike N. posting.

I think you there in USA can advertise something againt something else.
I mean there it should be possible to advertise my Grappa saying it's
much are better than Di Matteo's one... not just THE BEST, but really
better than THAT particular one.  Here this is not allowed.

Said this, let's imagine Alfa is really about to come back to USA.

They will have a range of cars, and they need massive advertisement.
And Alfa Romeo have been famous to be lousy and unreliable.

I'd make a shoot starting from this one, just when the 164 stops.
Just a newer reliable and fast Alfa, coppers on that Impala stuck
with a punctured rubber, and those good Alfisti, religiously wearing
leather driving gloves, helping out the agents to fix the impala
(better if it gets stuck w/ something not working under the hood,
a true alfista would fix it in 5 minutes, too few technology
and mechanical art inside the impala)... then on the road again,
still chased to make the Alfa ride funnier.

A 166 might looki like a 164.... a prototype Alfa sedan mighd be
disguised as a 164.... they could just fix the wheel, remove the
disguise and start again.

Anyway nowadays alfas are really well advertised over here.
I will always remember the 166 ad:  Venice completely icy, and the
car going around the blocks... on the frozen water. AMAZING.

Also the 147 running, w/ power, inside a tornado is a great ad.

I don't know which cars they will sell over there, USA market is
weird (Porsche made a SUV basically for selling it in USA), but be
sure that Alfa ad agencies will not be forgotten.

Ciao
Luca

PS:
If they will sell Alfas w/ Pirellis, they can even keep the old
ad and say "this wouldn't have happened with italian technology
tires" :-)

nodoubt,
Soon firing up 937 landpilot
"I like anything that don't talk." King Benny - Sleepers
937RS2, 75 Turbo, RM250

http://www.geocities.com/twowheels_99