re: GTV6 torsion bars

That's nothing!  The torsion bars on my GTV6 wouldn't budge,
regardless of how or where I banged on them.  Fortunately, my car is
an early one, so the member that carries the torsion bars is
removable.  I removed it, and after I'd used up two cans of propane
and broken two gear pullers, a bench vise, and all the surplus pipe
my family had in the house, I had one bar broken loose.  That's when
I gave in and took the cross member and the remaining torsion bar to
the machine shop where they pressed it out with their hydraulic press
in a matter of effortless seconds.  And they didn't even charge me.