RE: Apalled at spelling of Pawl!

"John Fielding":
>> couldn't resist this one.  The item you are referring to is actually
>> spelt pawl.

Chris Sweetapple of Highwood Motor Company:
> I do know how to spell "pawl", the incorrect spelling was a copy of what
> someone else had written.

Yeah, that would be me.  Hey, I just learnt the name "pawl" when I had to
go searching for one for my car about six months ago.  I am glad most of
the discussion has centered around other spellings, though, and that my
pall gaff has slipped away into history...
--
jw (Hadn't thought of looking outside the US for the part.  Will
    remember next time for sure!)