Re: More fascinating Alfa gas tank observations

--- Kevin Trent <trentkc@domain.elided> wrote:
> More data on this A-R gas tank topic.  The basic
> questions here are: (a)
> identification of the "large tank"; (b) when were
> they installed?; (c) did
> they exist on the GTV and spider as well as the
> Berlina?
[...]
> Anyone out there have a 72-74 GTV or spider with a
> bayonet gas cap?  Are
> the tanks consistent with the other identifying
> characteristics
> above?  What is their serial # and build date?

My '74 Spider has the bayonet-style gas tank; serial
number is AR3045392, build date Sept. 1974 according
to the tag inside the door jamb.  As discussed
recently at (ahem) length, the largest fillup I've
ever put in the car is about 10.2 U.S. gallons, and
the top of the tank is flat.

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon
.