More fascinating Alfa gas tank observations

More data on this A-R gas tank topic.  The basic questions here are: (a)
identification of the "large tank"; (b) when were they installed?; (c) did
they exist on the GTV and spider as well as the Berlina?

It appears the large "14.5" gallon tanks have a screw on gas cap and have a
sloping section on the right hand side opposite the filler neck that
extends from the middle of the tank to the leading edge.

The small "12.5" tanks have a bayonet gas cap and are uniformly flat on the
top.

When I went to check my GTVs I found evidence to indicate at least some 73
GTV's have the large tank.  Comparing the 73 GTV to the 69 GTV shows it to
have the large tank:

69 AR1530855, built 10/69, bayonet cap, small tank ~ 12.8 gallons (actual
after drain)
73 AR3022291, built 8/73, screw on cap, large tank ~ 14.5 gallons (actual
after R&R)

Finally, I checked my 73 spider:
73 AR3041794, built 7/73, screw on cap, large tank ~ 14.5 gallons (13.3
largest refill)

One final distinguishing characteristic is that the large tanks are larger
(taller) in their top half, above the seam line.  The flat portion of the
top of the large tank is approximately 2 inches above the seam, the small
tank is only 1 1/4 inches above the seam measured at the right rear
corner.  This measurement is consistent for the large tanks w/ screw caps
on the 73 Berlna, GTV, and Spider versus the small tanks w/bayonet caps on
my 69 GTV and 71 Berlinas.

The large tank cars I have were built between 6/73 and 8/73.

Anyone out there have a 72-74 GTV or spider with a bayonet gas cap?  Are
the tanks consistent with the other identifying characteristics
above?  What is their serial # and build date?

kct, Powell, TN
~~~~