2002/2003 challenge - claiming rule?

brian, if james is correct, i'd adwise ewe not to enter mortimer.  otherwise, tho i'll be $2003 poorer, i will be the owner of mortimer!  ;~)  and eric, if this is twue, then how come ya still own that turbo spider?  :>)  i'd bet if labour were calculated at even 1/4 the going rate, *no one* would come in at <$2003...

doug s., vulture...

Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:40:12 -0500
   From: "Brian Shorey" <bshorey@domain.elided>
   Subject: RE: 2003 Challenge

   > But in Alfadom, nothing's cheaper than a Berlina, and all your Spider
   > stuff will work as is.  Andrew Watry and I have nearly identical Berlinas
   > right now.  His is for sale, and I could be convinced to let mine go (it
   > doesn't start at the moment).

   Hmmm,

   Now you've got me thinking.  As of right now, Mortimer, the fastest Berlina
   in the world, qualifies for this challenge.

   bs
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:41:26 -0800 (PST)
   From: James Montebello <jamesm@domain.elided>

   If I remember correctly, they now have a claiming rule to prevent this.
   So, you should be able to buy the car from another competitor for $2003,
   which pretty strongly discourages spending more than the limit.

   james montebello