re: Re: vent window latch (#471)

Kyle in Dallas responded thusly -

<<sorry this is so late. working on alfetta takes priority over email.
re: vent window latch in #471

why not just get some rear-view mirror glue from autozone or pepboys? we
had to re-hang the mirror in my room mate's mustang. the glue exists for
the sole purpose of glueing metal to glass. is that not the application
here?

again, sorry if this has been covered.>>

An anecdotal story, of the vent wing latches in my Fiat couple, many
years ago.  I tried DIY several times, only to find the latches on the
floor after a day in the sun.  Bummer.  I went to a glass shop and told
them to work their magic.  Where I failed, I expected them to succede.
And they did, too.  The metal stayed bonded to the glass.  Only problem
was that the glass AND the latch were found on the floor of the Fiat.
The window had not broken, but a slightly roundish piece of glass had
come off with the latch.

Sigh.

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal
76 Alfetta GT - in which the rear view mirror had to be professionally
installed, and it remains so to this day (knock on wood)