SUV Haters Unite

       If this was supposed to be a rant against the SUV it did not work.
There is an attraction to having a honking big vehicle for pulling race cars
around.  A 454 cubic inch Suburban pulls like a freight train.
       As an old Hot Rodder, I was lead to believe a UTE was an Australian
pickup on a car chassis.  That would be the equivalent of a Ford Ranchero or
Chevy El Camino, only the Aussies were building them way back in the 30's and
probably before.
       It would also be the equivalent of the Giulia Super pickup conversion
and similar Alfas.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City

In a message dated 02/22/2002 10:00:20 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 01:08:26 -0000
> From: "Nick Koleszar" <nick@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: SUV Haters Unite
>
> Nice
>
> They are a bunch of complete prats aren't they? The thing that gets me is
> that almost every one you see has under-inflated tyres. They are just
> waiting to die and take out a few others at the same time. Ignorant idiots.

<snip>

> A mate of mine has something you would hate or love, I'm not sure. A
> Chevrolet Suburban. This thing has to be seen to be appreciated. For the non

<snip>