Re: strange clutch

I had the slave cylinder die in my Berlina recently, and the symptom was
that the pedal went 99% of the way to the floor, with just a bit of travel
at the very bottom.  Clutch action was "grabby".  No leaks.

Turned out that the seal failed, and filled the "bellows" that functions as
a dirt barrier.  This held the fluid, and allowed the clutch cyulinder to
work in a highly "elastic" way.  It would eventually have popped off or
burst.  Removing it with all that fluid was very messy.

james montebello