Stupidity (NAC)

I'm behind in my AD reading, so sorry to revive the stupidity thread.

This didn't happen to me, but to two car-club friends that had just
re-built the motor in their RX2 race car (a beautifully built 13B rotary
with bridge ports).

After putting everything back together they had no start.  Checked fuel,
fuel pump, spark - everything looked OK.  Still no start.  Clutch starting
didn't do it.  They even tried towing it around the block to get a decent
bit of speed for a clutch start - nothing.

They finally removed the carb and inlet manifold, and realised that they
had taped over the inlet ports during the rebuild to keep gunk out of the
motor.  They had bolted the inlet manifold over the tape.  Once the tape
came off, it fired first time!

John Wiltshire
Sydney Australia
(I offer a tale of somebody else's stupidity, because my episodes, although
frequent, are pretty dull.)

are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing and using the information.
Please contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
the original message.