Front license plate

Paul

I have never used a front license plate on my 92 spider and have been
stopped twiceboth free fix it tickets before the fine was instituted.

Once I made a count of cars without front plates and here it runs 10-20% of
cars on the road.

My wife has a 89 Jaguar XJ6 and I replaced the front plate with a British
plate with the correct license plate numberbut after several years finally
got a fix it ticket and put the original plate back on.  My wife wouldnt
let me change it backbut shes away this weekend, so who knows!

My solution for the Alfa was to make a hidden bracket that I can attach
behind and under the bumper with a bolt and wing nut to satisfy the
inspection and then immediately remove it when I get back home from the
police station. Now it will cost $20 in addition, but if it doesnt happen
too frequently, its worth it.

If (when) I get stopped again, I plan to tell the cop that I had to take the
plate off to get towed, that I have it in the trunk and havent had time to
put it back on, but Ill do so right now if he would be kind enough to wait
for one minute!

Id love to see plans for your trick plate if you ever really set it up!  A
great idea!

Timothy
'71 Giulia 1300 Super
'78 F-12 Diesel Van