Re: milano clutch replacement woes

Hi Ethan,

I have found that it is much easier on me if I pulled the whole
transaxle out and work on the clutch.

I just did a 228,000 mile service on the wife's Verde.  It is quite easy
to pull the transaxle out, and wheel it (on a $15.95 furniture dolly) to
a nice, well lit area of the garage.  Since I'm upright, and can stay
reasonably clean, I changed the tranny mounts (the two square ones, and
the one round one), re-greased all ends of the CV joints and replaced
their respective rubber boots, and while I was in there, I replaced her
throwout bearing which was starting to make some "wowk-wowk-wowk"
noise.  Oh, that roll pin?  Too easy to get to once outside.

Seeing that most Milanos are close to a decade-and-a-half old, it would
not hurt to refresh those rubber bits in there.  Also, when you go to
realign the clutch plate ... it is much easier when the clutch is right
on your bench than when it's under the car and you're on your back.

Good luck!

Nizam