Re: cooling fan HP, The Vandenberg Papers, etc

Go John! Go Scott!  Finally, some full-on gearhead technobabble for those who
don't have a stepper motor or hydraulic tensioners! (Just kiddin' gang...)

I've been so enthralled with all this performance comparison stuff that I only
just emerged from the fog and thought "Gee -- my cams are on the workbench,
maybe I should look at them and see what I have..."  (I'm sure I looked like
that guy in the current ad for VW's 4-Motion Passat).  Well by golly, they're
each branded with a string of numbers that goes like this -- 105480320051...
Yep, I've got Euro cams!  This is cause for celebration, so I have opened a
beer and started this posting to bray about my good fortune.

I'm definitely going electro-fan scavenging in the next few weeks.  Hmmm --
Euro cams, the Marelli Plex, the port work, the fan, the new exhaust, and
lighter by about 10 pounds of carbon that has migrated from the head and
pistons to the garage floor -- I guess I should post some pictures of the back
of my GTV, so y'all will recognize me! ;o)

Tony
Portland OR
74 GTV (not as stock as she looked!)(alternate comment -- I'd look a lot
smarter if I'd known what I was buying...)(2nd alternate comment -- didn't
someone say "it's as good to be lucky as smart"?)

PS:  Thanks to all for the Burman box advice.  I'll see what I can find for a
used box, otherwise it looks like Centerline will be getting (more of) my
money...