2.0 - Chain Tensioner spring size

hello all,
my quest continues to get my spider started.

I recently got a new spring to replace a broken spring in the chain tensioner.
The new spring measures roughly 3-3/4 inches.

Is this the correct size?

I know my former spring was NOT this size and now Im having a FUN time trying
to get the chain to connect.

suggestions ?

thanks,
Darryl
84 Spider Veloce w/late DMV smog registration.
http://sports.yahoo.com