Re: Performance Mods

On Thursday, February 14, 2002, at 05:53 PM, Zamani (via the Alfa-Digest)
wrote:
> If you have the
> normal 3.0 forget any other L-Jet upgrades.

Yes, you've all heard about Pandora's box, and the Zat box, and the
meddling with this capacitor and that resistor.  The truth is, you could
make an L-Jet go fast(er) with its analog ECU, but it's easier using other
methods.  I simply swapped out the L-Jet system for a Motronic system.
Instantly, "chipping" became a reality.  Any tuner who modifies a Bosch
'box can help you out (I got the assistance from an Audi tuner).

As Zamani mentioned in his post, a whole EFI upgrade is the best bang for
the buck, IMHO (how serious are you?)

If you don't feel like spending that kind of money, then a freer-breathing
exhaust is usually the cheaper alternative.  Nothing comes free or cheap,
however.

When I was in college, and wanted a few extra horses or pull a few extra g'
s, I'd visit APE and buy so-called performance mods from junked cars.  The
performance gain was all in my head - purely psychological.  Ten years on,
  I can smile at that, but I wouldn't recommend anyone in this forum to go
down that road.  Why bother?

"You gets what you pays for".

Nizam
88 75 3.0V6