Headlight Covers

       The adjustment screws on my 82 cannot be reached without partly
removing the headlight bucket.  Some time between 74 and 82, Alfa quit
putting the mounting tabs on the inside of the fenders.  I built mounting
tabs and welded them on the 82 to approximate those on a 74 parts car I have.
       I then modified the standard USA version headlight bucket to mount
behind the fender.  I have several headlight buckets including one from a
Duetto with a removable rear section.  None of these seems to allow easy
adjustment with the headlight behind the fender.
       A true European headlight bucket must be different and might allow
easy adjustment of the headlight.
       I would have sworn the Duetto headlight trim rings were the same as
later spiders, but I have been wrong before.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City