RE: Question about smog testing in San Rafael, CA - referral

As for the requirement to smog upon ownership change, Im in agreement with
the poster earlier today that said there was a time limit of something like
45-60 days, after which the SELLER is responsible for smog certification
prior to title transfer.  Insist that it is current before you clear the
check to the seller, IMHO.

As for a reliable source for the work itself, Ive recommended him in this
space before, and I do so again.  Try Bruce Metras at B. Metras company on
Tiburon Street.  He wont charge you more than is necessary, and hell make
the settings stick if they can be made to stick.  My car is newer so I cant
speak for what challenges you may face with the SPICA system.  You can
however trust that Bruce is a good and fair mechanic, and knows the system
inside and out, far too rare these days.

Cheers!
Hutson
1991 Spider [Bosch Motronic]