Re: Arese

Easy to get to Arese by train from Roma-- except for last leg to the Museum.
MAKE SURE IT IS OPEN---They often close it for special occasions, and
sometimes for no particular reason. In the summer it is not air conditioned
and can be stifling hot. When I was there they had only one docent, and no
gift shop; but I think they may have one now. They also have an Alfa Romeo
stove and airplane on exhibit; but it is not a polished tour at all.
The selection of cars is wonderful (much better than the Porsche Museum!!!)
but there is little fanfare or PR type displays, etc. It is purely a
Historical Archive for AR cars.
Walk around the corner of the complex to the parts counter---but know what
you need and ask about prices--- I think those guys  have their "own little
business" running there on the side!