RE: Dues Increase

--- Brian Shorey <bshorey@domain.elided> wrote:

> $60 per year for Fred DiMatteo's home phone # is small
> change, if you ask me.

I fully agree, except I suspect they aren't paying Fred anything these
days (Probably ARDONA did)--Fred is a great asset--do you think his
presence is an AROC accomplishment?

Even this Digest struggles along because of the volunteering effort of
Mr. Welty, not because AROC sponsors it.

> Alan, Mark, are either of you AROC members?

Indeed I am, purely because I think AROSC does indeed do a lot for a
lot of Alfisti, but they're not doing it at the behest of AROC, and
they get a pretty small cut of the National dues to boot.

> What do you think the club should be
> providing for the money you pay that they are not already providing.

Nationwide and frequent track sessions. An AROC sponsored hotline for
tech questions. A complete, accurate, and year specific set of tech
information. As an example, why does Fred have to e-mail a list of 164
error codes? There should be an easy to search database sponsored by
AROC for these questions, as well as all the information (and more)
available on Car Discs. A database of available parts. A list of
suppliers and mechanics shops that does not depend on whether they
advertise in the mag or not. This list is but a beginning. Others will
have other needs. There are those who would want nationwide and
frequent concours.

> As with any mostly volunteer organization, it's easy to sit back and
> criticize the few volunteers that step forward and put in significant
> time and effort.

If there aren't people receiving good pay out of these dues, then I
REALLY wonder where the dues are being spent. I'm not knocking ANY
volunteers. They deserve kudos just for the effort, but the AROC
portion of the dues is far too high given the services provided.

=====
Best Regards,

Alan Lambert
http://auctions.yahoo.com