RE: Dues Increase

> I really agree with Mark--among other things, I'm appalled that so
> little of these dues go to my local (AROSC) region. Could
> someone--anyone--tell us what AROC does for us?

Well..

Regardless of what you think of the value of the newsletter, AROC does
provide some other things.  The most valuable thing, imo, are the tech
hotlines.  $60 per year for Fred DiMatteo's home phone # is small change, if
you ask me.

Alan, Mark, are either of you AROC members?  Whether you are or not, how
about some constructive input?  What do you think the club should be
providing for the money you pay that they are not already providing.  If the
club is already providing everything you'd expect it to, then what value
would you assign to it?  $50?  $40?  Less?

As with any mostly volunteer organization, it's easy to sit back and
criticize the few volunteers that step forward and put in significant time
and effort.  It's more productive, however, to provide some real ideas on
how things could be improved.

bs