Dues increase

Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:45:10 EST
From: GordonHyde@domain.elided
Subject: AROC-USA dues increase
This question is directed at the educated masses out there, and maybe
especially those AROC Board members who monitor this forum. What's with the
dues increase? Did I miss some general announcement, or something in the
Owner? I remember someone (Bernie Z??) mentioning something on the AD a
couple of weeks ago (right after I sent in my renewal check) but that is all
I have heard or read. In checking with some local chapter members I am also
drawing blank looks and questions.
Elucidation is clearly required.
TIA
Gordy Hyde
ALFA-less in Seattle
NWARC

Gordy,
My understanding from Mssrs. Zaitz and Gillham is that it is due (no pun)
to the overall cost of everything, whether inflation is acknowledged or
not, but particularly to the coming increase in postage for Alfa Owner.
That makes AROO's re-up rate $65, in the state with the nation's highest
unemployment.  I contribute appropriately to both.  Nobody said it wasn't
supposed to hurt.
Yr Wlcm,
Joe
Alfa in unknown location