GTV's I have known

I presently own 2 73 GTVs and have parted out 6 or 7 105 or 115 GTVs.The
answer to Henry's Question comes down to how much money do you want to
spend?The retail cost for inner,middle and outer rocker panels from IAP is
nearly $1200.Spare tire wells cost$189.The four floor pan sections cost
$936.Quarter panels cost $50-60;wheel arches are around $50.There are
several sources for the sheet metal.If the rust is present around the
windshield or C pillar,the repairs will have to be hand fabricated.Several
years ago I assisted(ok, I watched)Matt Jones replace all three rockers on
both sides of a 105 series GTV.Matt invested a huge amount of time-he built
a brace that bolted to the front and back of the door frame to keep the
chassis from distorting.I don't know what he charged for the work.Finding a
quality body shop that is capable of repairing crash damage usually isn't
that diifficult.Finding a shop that knows how to do structural repairs is a
different story.
         GTV rockers usually rust from the inside out-a small rust area on
the outer rocker may be hiding a much larger problem underneath.The solution
is to find a rust-free GTV(no, it's not an oxymoron).
         Thanks to our wonderful parts sources(no sarcasm intended,it never
ceases to amaze me how we can easily find parts for 30 year old
GTVs)engine,gearbox,driveline,steering and suspension parts are readily
available and affordable.Cosmetic restoration has also become alot easier
thanks to the efforts of Matt & Vikki Jones.
         Fixing up a GTV doesn't have to wipe out your savings.That
said,it's cheaper to find a good driver and DRIVE IT.Floors can be
patched;they aren't structural.Structural repair can cost thousands.Try to
avoid rusty cars.,Henry.P.S. I know of a rust free GTV for sale in
Houston(contact me off digest).Ciao,JFT