Re: Source for Bosch parts on the cheap??

Rex,

Not sure if this applies to the US, but I have bought some Bosch parts here
as aftermarket parts.  For example, I bought a coolant temp sensor for
about $A18, the Alfa part was >$A40.  The secret herte though, was that the
same Bosch sensor that is used on the 164 was also used on earl FI Holden
Commodores, so you can buy them anywhere.

The secret, however, seems to be if other less exotic cars use the same
parts.  A few months ago I tried to get a Bosch cap and rotor - these are
listed by Bosch, but they had to be brought specially from Germany - three
months and >$A500.  I bought a made-in-Italy (but not genuine Alfa) one for
about $A300.

My advice is to hunt around a bit - you never know what you will turn up.

Cheers,
John Wiltshire
Sydney Australia

are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing and using the information.
Please contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
the original message.