Subject: Are Alfa-chameleons Okay?

i have totally changed my thoughts on maintaining original colors.  i
have 78, 81, and 86 spiders.  the 81 was purchased out of pity.  it
was wrecked beyond reasonable repair, but i took it on anyway.  it
too was silver.  the 86 is white -- the 78 sort of calico (yuk).  now
i have never been a red car guy, but i have always thought that a red
spider, regardless of year, is one of the most pleasing red cars.
when it came time to paint my 81 after a costly restore, i thought i
might want to keep it the original silver.  at the last moment i
decided on red, and i'll go to alfa hell for this, but i had it
painted "VOLVO red" (i have a volvo wagon of the same color).  it is
gorgeous.  i mean really gorgeous.  no regrets.  now had this car
been in proper restorable condition from the start, i probably would
have stuck with the original silver.  still no regrets....
--
peter frank edwards photographs
	   studio

	Member ASMP