Re:airbag light

In AD#377 Ev Micou writes:

<94 2000 spider. well, I know this isn't a very challenging subject for the
digesti, but I'm still struggling with this blankety blank airbag warning
light....past advice posted on the 164 Notes says on a 164 with 94 and after
the Morelli analyser must be used to read and reset airbag codes...Is this
true for the 94 spider as well? Where is one of these Morelli critters? Is
there any other way to fix this light without just removing the bulb or
tape?
Oh, one more stupid question, can anyone please tell me WHERE THE CONTROL
UNIT IS on a spider?
Where are the sensors located? Are there pix anywhere?>

Frankly, in my experience with my '91 Spider, the #@%*&$ airbag light isn't
worth fiddling with.  When my car was much younger and still under warranty,
I took it into the dealership three times to get the light reset, and finally
gave up.  The sensors are very sensitive to road shock, potholes, nearly flat
ground hogs and other significant road upheavals that are not quite enough to
threaten your sump, but just enough to trip one of the three sensors.  Lots
of people have had the same issues with that airbag lamp.
I removed the lamp and forgot about it.  The ECU for the airbag is next to
the Bosch main ECU, under the rear shelf (if you must know).  The sensors are
mounted low on the inner fenders, I forget where the third one is (and it no
longer matters anyway!).
Decide what you wish, but my time was more valuable than chasing after an
insignificant light bulb.  The bag will either work, or it won't, and I'll be
belted in anyhow.

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA