Re: Milano Brake Warning Light PLEASE HELP!!!

It sounds like your accumulator might be leaking
pressure, and turning the light on.  I know there's a
check procedure out there somewhere, which will tell
you how many times you should be able to press the
brake pedal before the pump comes on.  I'm just not
sure where that resides these days.

One trick I did on my Verde was to insulate the
accumulator and attached hardware with simple aluminum
foil to reflect some heat.  That helped considerably.

Good luck,
Ian Lomax
SF, CA
former verde owner, and I don't miss the ABS!

--- ALFAXTC@domain.elided wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>
> I need HELP!!  Recently the brake warning light came
> on in my Verde.  I checked the brake fluid, it was
> at max.  I checked the pads and they're not even
> half way worn.  The ABS is currently disconnected.
> The only thing I have noticed is that the
> accumulator runs more often than usual.  Also once
> or twice the pedal was rock hard and I had a
> difficult time to stop the car, but it came back to
> normal when the accumulator came on.
>
> The funny thing is that the light doesn't always
> come on.  It comes on sometimes when I press on the
> brake and goes off when I let go (I assumed it was
> pad sensors), then it would sometimes come on when I
> took a turn (I assumed it was brake fuild level).
> Its driving me NUTS.  Anyone with any kind of
>
> Thanks
> Alan
> 88 Milano 3.0
>
> --