Milano Brake Warning Light PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi Gang,

I need HELP!!  Recently the brake warning light came on in my Verde.  I checked the brake fluid, it was at max.  I checked the pads and they're not even half way worn.  The ABS is currently disconnected.  The only thing I have noticed is that the accumulator runs more often than usual.  Also once or twice the pedal was rock hard and I had a difficult time to stop the car, but it came back to normal when the accumulator came on.

The funny thing is that the light doesn't always come on.  It comes on sometimes when I press on the brake and goes off when I let go (I assumed it was pad sensors), then it would sometimes come on when I took a turn (I assumed it was brake fuild level).  Its driving me NUTS.  Anyone with any kind of suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Alan
88 Milano 3.0