Re: 164 brake warning lights

 Ed,
What I found with my 164 and flashing brake lights.
When I pulled off both front wheels the brake sensor wire had a little slack enough to cause the whipping action of the road to fray the wire sleeve and so it would create intermittent flash every time it touched metal. You may want to check the integrity of the wire sensor sleeves. The other incident when this behavior occured was when the sensor connector underneath the driver side of the dash had become somewhat loose it would cause the sensors to come on. But this would also prevent the brake lights from coming on as well. So more than likely if you just changed the pads and the connector was solid I would check the sensor wire sleeve integrity at the wheels, trace it all the way up as far as you can and look for crimping, fraying, etc. Just cut the bad wire restrip it and connect it back together and you should be in business.
Keith Strini
  Ed Parise <parise3307@domain.elided> wrote: Recently turned the front rotors and replaced the front pads. It solved the
intermittent flashing of the "brake" and "brake pads" lights that flashed
in unison for about a week. Now both those lights are flashing in unison
again. Checked the pads and connections for the pads and all looks well.
What else could/would cause those lights to flash intermittently in unison?
Checked the CD and could find no answer. Anyone have a clue? Thanks
Ed Parise
Churchville, VA

Systems Engineer
Emerging Business Solutions, Inc.