RE: fwd and rwd again

I do own a front wheel drive Alfa, and that is the one I take to the track,
however you left something out of your math equation. There is only 100%
traction available from any wheel. With that in mind, with front wheel
drive you are using most of your traction on the front wheels for cornering
and that leaves very little traction available to accelerate out of a
corner. With rear wheel drive you can use the front tires available
traction for cornering and the rear wheels for acceleration.
	Although I will admit my 164 is much faster than the spider.

Bill LeClair
Topsfield MA
91 164 L
79 Spider