Canada invaded the US

And burned Washington down. Don't think we Canadians can claim innocent
production of cars for US consumers either. Of course that was a long time
ago (around 1812 I think) and in retaliation the US tried to burn Toronto
without much success (finding Toronto to burn in 1812 might have been a bit
difficult, might have missed it) but as Toronto is still a thorn in our
side out West here, we hold the failure to successfully burn it to the
ground against the US anyway.

Making purchase decisions today based on historical events is not too
logical. I am very optimistic about the new Europe which is emerging
finally from the horrors of the World Wars and the Imperialism that
preceded and probably caused them. The issue of the new Euro currency was
rightly celebrated as the beginning of a new era. The recent changes in US
foreign policy are also most welcome and bode well for the future
integration of the world economically. Finally, Americans have declared
they aren't putting up with any s**t anymore from socially backward nations
intent on destroying themselves and damaging American interests in the
course of doing so.

The new Europe and the new America represent our best chance for permanent
peace, and of course the best chance for Alfa's return to this market.

Can we now return to discussion of Alfa issues, for vintage and super
vintage enthusiasts alike.

Oh yes and fwd v rwd v awd seems like a usefully lively topic for discussion.

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
91 Alfa 164L, White, original owner