Spica K&N air filters

Well, guys, the elusive filter replacements for the Spica GTV airbox finally
surfaced.
I went to K&N today, in Riverside, Ca, and it is true, they still make them.
Read on.
About a month ago i bought a pair of used K&N original (read older) filter
elements, thanks to somebody's tip of their presence in e-bay.  I love the
Alfa Digest.  Got the filters, measured them, looked at their embedded
numbers.  E-mailed K&N and the response was: the air filter for your model
car (Spica 74 GTV) is no longer available.  Called them, and they told me to
search their web site for either cross reference numbers or to look by size.
Both gave negative results.  The size is not listed.
So today I went, the place is huge, looks like a corporate place and you see
nothing more than the lobby.  A very gentle lady came out to help me, I
showed her my (filter) element, she took it inside, got a cross reference
with their current production, even took the measurements to double check,
and yes, THEY STILL MAKE IT!  It's even listed for the Alfa.  But it's
actually a "universal" filter.  I was so happy I wanted to tell her she made
my day.  And here it goes:

K&N part numer # E-2040
Ext diam: (A)  3.500
Int diam: (B)  2.430
length: (H)  6.620
I assume inches.  They had 4-6 in stock, but they were going to a dealer
called Truck Parts East (434) 978-1141, and they had a few more ordered, so
the production will probably run soon.  Retail is $ 39.96 each
They can also be ordered from J&M Speed Center in Riverside, CA, for $ 24.95
each, and you need two (need I say?).  Ask for Steve.  No connection, except
a satisfied customer.  Or call your own K&N supplier.
Happy breathing
Jorge Mazlumian
74 GTV (K&N in original Spica airbox)  My used filters are in very good
shape, BTW.  Thanks Mark
89 Milano flat K&N in airbox.