Philippines long march

Tess,
It was called The Bataan Death March, where the defenders of Bataan and
Corregidor were marched from the Bataan Peninsula, on the west side of
Manila Bay, to a prison camp near Capas, Tarlac.

In 1984, I dreamed up the idea of an ultramarathon along the route---plus 20
kilometers---and fool that I am, ran it one day.  Even without having
fought, starved, and suffering malaria or dystentery, it was hard.  REALLY
hard.

Then there was the Trail of Tears where my Greatx5 Grandfather, an earlier
Joe Martin, died because Andrew Jackson wanted us Cherokees out of the
Southeastern US.  As dug said, if we avoided all countries with histories of
miscreancy when we bought our toys, we'd all be walking.
Cheers, all.
Joe
Mazda 626
'72 Spider, both bought in the USA