Re: no country immune

Tessie McMillan wrote:

Um, I don't think that Korea is on the "good" list either; they've
been accused of trafficking children, as does Mexico, Cambodia, Japan,
India, and some other Asian countries. If we compile a list of countries
with a clean history, I would argue it could only include Finland,
Norway, Sweden, Denmark, New Zealand, and Canada! That's assuming, of
course, if you exclude all the centuries the Vikings invaded the Scottish
isles... &:-)

Tess

Well, Denmark would not only be excluded because of the Viking hoards but
also slavery during the (brief) Danish ownership of the West Indies (US
Virgin Islands) and perhaps the forced relocation of the Inuit population of
Thule when the US wanted to expand the air-base there?

Anyway, it's a mute point since there has basically never really been an
auto industry in Denmark if you don't count the OsCar and that weird Jacob
Jensen (of Bang & Olufsen fame) designed Citroen XM based plastic tub which
could somehow be converted between a shooting break and a pick-up but in
either case loosing most if not all luggage space.

Then again there were the Nimbus motorcycles.....

Alfa content: not much progress on the GT these days unfortunately but the
engine is almost out and I'll be beginning work on the rust repairs as soon
as I have a little more time. Ahhh.. time.

Regards
Jacob Haagerup,
Rotterdam, Nederland (Danish expat)
'75 Alfetta powered GT 1600 Junior 'M' 1.8