Re: history and heritage

At  Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:29:42 EST Charlie wrote:

>> quite frankly I don't
>> really care about what has happened in the world before my birth.
>I am really astonished to hear this from Luca, an Italian.  So many Italians
>I know are much much more concerned with what happened before they were born
>(often a long time before) than anything going on now, other than dinner.
>Maybe he is unique or maybe I just know older people with older attitudes?
>Look around in Italy: the houses are old, there is very little modern art
but
>a giant and revered cultural heritage from hundreds of years ago, and there
>is much less interest as I see it in anything new and durable than in
>anything old; much interest in the new seems to be channeled into things
that
>are perishable, such as fashion, food, even auto and product design.

Ops... I am sorry... I realize I wrote a crap... what I meant is completely
different. I wanted to say that I won't choose my car, my camera, my bike, my
cloths ... basing my choice upon what happened BEFORE my birth. I just choose
what I like.  I wanted to say I wouldn't base my choices upon the dark ages
lost in each country's past.  But I love what has been, I love vintage cars,
I am looking for a vintage house to be restored...and so on.
I hope you will understand what I mean... and that this will clear your
opinion about me!
Thanx and apologizes.

nodoubt,
crashed 937 landpilot
"I like anything that don't talk." King Benny - Sleepers
937RS2, 75 Turbo, RM250

http://www.geocities.com/twowheels_99