Electronic Rust Inhibitor

My wife's '95 626 has had an Electronic Rust Inhibitor since new.  The
product sounded a bit hokey to us, but we never developed an opinion as to
whether it's good, bad or neutral.  My quick Google search today pulled up a
couple of interesting sites.  The sites I found seem to say that the theory
of the product (cathodic protection--using electricity to inhibit rust) is
valid, but that the product doesn't work in practice because of, among other
things, the lack of continuous conductive material in a car.

http://forums.vmag.com/suvsuburban1099/messages/1200.html

Dan in Honolulu

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you think you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone (808)521-9200, and delete the original message.  Thank you.