re: lexus success in fla vs mb/bmw success in la

hi joe,

didja get to sneek out to heah our illustrious leader give his li'l speech about edjacayshun?  what irony - such a simpleton talking about the importance of learning!?!  ;~)

anyway, ya said:

   <<<"I wouldn't write Charlie's theory off so quickly.  I have a (Jewish)
   friend who ended up buying an Audi 80 and just not telling his
   grandparents (in SoFla, no less) about it for fear of getting
   disinherited.  For a long time he thought he'd have to buy a Peugeot
   or an Alfa (poor boy) to avoid making them angry--his parents even
   stopped buying Chryslers when Chrysler merged with M-B to avoid
   pissing of that set of grandparents.  Even my friend who bought the
   Audi says he would never let himself be seen in a pre-'80s Ben--he
   says they "just look like they have dead Jews in the trunk...and the
   ashtray." ">>>
well, yes, i guess there are still a *few* such narrow-minded folk that have such twisted notions that they will condemn the grandson for the sins of the son.  i'm half-german - which half doncha want?  ;~)  yust as there are those who won't buy yapanese, cuz of wwll.  which prolly outnumber the yewish folk that won't buy german, btw...

and, yer yewish friend w/the audi - well, he *really* had to contort his rationalization, dint he?  s'ok to buy *another* brand so tied-up w/hitler before & during wwll?  and, benzes *after* the 80's are ok?!?  gimme a break.

doug s., prejudiced against *all* forms of bigotry...