Exhaust Fumes

Hello To All,
		I live in South Florida and rarely find it necessary to have the top of my
86 Spider up, but during this recent cold spell it has been up and I've
noticed a lot of fumes leaking into the passenger compartment. I've have a
new truck seal(I understand they are a problem at times) but the fumes still
get in.....  The car has a straight pipe out the rearand I'm wondering if
that could be the problem since I've since quite a few pipes that curve
towards the pavement (although they don't look as nice).. I'm wondering if
anyone has installed the downward facing pipe and if it solves this problem?

PS: Enough with Saab, Audi, BMW comparisons! We all know the cars they offer
are more up to date and refined then ours,(those of us in USA) but I
wouldn't replace the thrill of sitting 5 inches of the pavement in a vehicle
that transmits the road and the elements so very directly to the driver as
my Spider does and the Sprint did before it.

Gabriel Forzano
AROC So Florida