re: rain, slicks, model parenting (no A/C)

> From: TJCallahan@domain.elided
>
> I can attest to her statement, I saw her arrive at the Nov NWARC meeting
> where it was raining sooo much that there were no (count 'em - ZERO) Alfas in
> the parking lot, everyone drove their "bad weather" car! And Tess' face told
> a HUGE story about how much fun it was to drive in the pouring rain on slicks!

I'm so sorry, Tom, but I think you are confusing extreme stress with
pleasure &:-). I too remember that stormy evening and, Gordy correct
me if I am wrong, I believe it took two snifters of Courvoisier in quick
succession to bring me back to my feet. Those Yo-mamas, while a
very decent and still sticky tire in the damp, are just plain
unpredictable in real wet conditions, and the colder the conditions, the
more unpredictable they are. Possibly aggravated by the fact that I have
such uneven wear over the tread.... Does anyone remember if these tires
have a dual compound on them? Or is the tire all a single compound?

Speaking of parenting, guys, you might be interested to know that Tom and
his wife were featured on the cover of Saturday's "Northwest Life"
section in the Seattle Times. Color photo of the family too. They were
interviewed on how they achieved such great success as parents in a
household where both parents work outside the home. (The article might
still be available if you search at www.seattletimes.com.) Now I knew
that Alfa owners, by virtue of their wonderful nature, make great
parents, but not to even mention your Alfas in the article, Tom?  &:-)

Tess