Flame on! (RWD/ FWD/ AWD)

Well, I expected to get flamed and...of course, I got what I expected!  You
folks are so much fun! #:>D

Tess, you definitely need less caffeine!

As for me, I'll enjoy my FWD TDi Jetta (w/ stereo & CD changer loaded with
jazz and Frank Zappa) with 50mpg through the snow and sleet and rain.  But,
when the sun comes out, it's back to 'top-down' fun in my simple, RWD,
under-powered (but superbly tossable) '69 Spider 1300 Junior.  Of course,
for fun on long good weather trips (and when I need an acceleration kick),
I'll choose my RWD Milano.  And finally, when I'm feeling mean and I want to
scare the neighbors, I'll fire up my hot-rod '78 Alfetta Sprint Veloce RWD
and really get my blood boiling!

Now, if only I could afford something with AWD...I'd head for one of those
great gravel roads and carve out a few ruts!

If Alfa comes back with FWD only, I think it'll be a mistake.  They will
probably fall into competition with Saab if they do that, so I don't think
GM will allow that to happen.  I don't really believe that they will choose
to develop RWD platforms after enjoying so much success with their current
platforms around the globe.  So what does that leave?  I'm thinking that
Alfa will probably be serving up a big dose of Italian styling on an AWD
chassis...and that's just about right for me.

Cheers...and thanks for the fun!
Alex Csank