(RWD/ FWD/ AWD) - one of each please!

I was going to stay out of this debate until I realized that I have one of
each!  A Volvo 850 (FWD), BMW 325iX (AWD), Porsche 911 (RWD).  Take it from
me, they all have their merits.

To discount some of the knocks being thrown around here, the FWD Volvo
handle quite well.  Even though it's a wagon, it is turbo-charged and
actually has the most horsepower of all three cars (222 vs. 217 for the
911).  Torque steer isn't that bad as long as you are smooth on the
throttle.  It's actually quite fun to drive.

The AWD was the cheapest of all my cars but the parts are the most
expensive.  They say that iX stands for iXpensive since most of the
drivetrain parts are unique to that model.  It's my winter car.  Very
neutral handling as one might expect.

The 911 is a heck of a lot of fun, of course but can be a handful in the
rain.

There you go, I am the ultimate fence-sitter.

If you guys think FWD lacks soul, I point you straight in the direction of
the Austin Mini and the upcoming (in N.A., at least), BMW Mini.  I also
drove a FWD Alfa 156 in Italy and thought it was one hell of a car.

Henry